Houthi rebels claimed on Monday to have sunk a Saudi military landing ship and several escort patrol boats off the coast of Mocha using multiple ballistic missiles, after last week's deadly barrage on the port city.
The vessel, identified by state television as the Amir Khan, had been moored for maintenance for over a year and carried no cargo at the time of impact. Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the group maintains strict surveillance of Saudi force movements and announced a naval blockade against Saudi Arabia.
In response, the internationally recognized Yemeni government said its forces executed 181 military operations using drones, artillery, and rocket launchers against Houthi positions across five provinces in the past 24 hours. The Mocha port suspended all commercial and navigational activity, with direct material losses estimated at $16 million, while renewed clashes continue to span multiple governorates including Marib, Taiz, and Al Dhale.