Houthi rebels killed at least eight people, including two security personnel, in a missile barrage on Friday against Yemen's Red Sea port city of Mocha, escalating violence after last week's assaults on government camps.
The Houthis fired missiles at commercial ships unloading cargo at the port, setting two vessels ablaze. While initial reports cited four civilian deaths, a military official said the toll reached eight, with security forces among the dead. Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the group targeted Saudi troop concentrations and warships in the Mocha area with ballistic missiles.
Separately, the Houthis claimed a drone strike on a Saudi Aramco facility in Najran, southwestern Saudi Arabia, after targeting an Aramco refinery in Jazan on Thursday.