Russian air defences destroyed more than 180 drones over the capital region during a massive overnight barrage that left three people wounded, including a 10-year-old girl, officials said, updating the toll from a weekend assault that had earlier been reported to have killed several people across Russia.
Moscow's mayor said 620 drones were launched toward the capital region during the night, with defences intercepting the majority between Monday evening and early Tuesday. Moscow Governor Andrei Vorobyov confirmed the region faced a large-scale drone attack that caused the injuries.
One drone struck a logistics complex operated by e-commerce giant Wildberries east of Moscow, though the company said the facility sustained only minor damage. The latest figures follow one of the largest aerial exchanges of the war over the weekend, when hundreds of drones and ballistic missiles were traded between Russia and Ukraine.