Israeli soldiers killed 58-year-old Fathi Khazem during a pre-dawn raid on his home in Jenin on Friday, withholding his body after denying an ambulance access, according to Palestinian civil affairs authorities. An eyewitness said troops stormed the house around 2:30 a.m. while Khazem was with his 10-year-old son. The Palestinian Red Crescent Society said crews treated a 14-year-old boy shot in the chest and back with live ammunition during the same operation.
Separately, Israeli settlers fatally shot 17-year-old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh in Hebron, and a 70-year-old man was wounded during a settler attack in Khirbet Hamroush. In Qusra, settlers continue to besiege three Palestinian homes for a 13th consecutive day under military protection.
The killings follow settler violence and raids across the West Bank earlier this week. A Human Rights Watch report found state-backed settler violence has displaced 107 Palestinian communities since January 2023, while seven Western nations condemned Israel's tender for over 1,200 settlement housing units as "unacceptable."